Friday, August 10, 2007

My first CME concert! ^-^

I was so surprised and thrilled that i was selected to perform on this semester's CME concert! ^o^ and i will never forget what Dr. P'ng said to me that day and not to mention... he gave me a flying kiss ! *wahahahahhaha*

Most importantly, i never expect our playing can turn out to be so good! hehehehe :p
We are actually the very first pair who played this piece in our school~! and it's a major concert repertoire~
*drooollLL~~* wakakakka.. *run around and screaming to my pets*

Here's a little bit about the piece :

Debussy's Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun

This is probably Debussy's best-known orchestral work. It was inspired by a pastoral of Stephane Mallarme, evoking a pagan landscape in which the faun- a mythological creature of the forest who is half man, half goat- awakes in the woods and tries to remember; was he visited by three lovely nymphs or was this but a dream? He will never know. The sun is warm, the earth fragrant. He curls himself up and falls into a wine-drugged sleep.

Now let's watch the clip ~! :p
Hope u enjoy it... la la la la la


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hui Kee!
Thank you for posting this up! I loved listening to it... Prelude to the afternoon of a Faun is one of my fave Debussys.

I think you did a really good job of it. You and your partner have very good communication, and it picked up momentum as you went along.

I haven't heard the piano duet version of this... this is actually my first time :) I know how hard it is to imitate an orchestra on the piano... but you did a great job! My only advice is that there seems to be not quite enough shimmering of colours and fluidity. It could just be that the recording isn't very good in terms of sound quality though.

But really... well done! First time I've heard you play piano as well I think :)

Good luck with piano and singing!!

Hui Wen

Les Miserables said...

O.o"

Thanks Hui Wen!!! I am so happy and surprised!! hahaa... i never expect u are still reading my blog!!

Yes, we took lots of effort on this piece~~

Once again, i am really glad that u like it :D and thanks for ur comment! i will work hard on this piece with my partner again~~~

MuXxxXx ^-^